Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I have a furnace with no heat. The blower motor comes on

Customer Question

I have a Bryant furnace with no heat. The blower motor comes on before the inducer motor which is backwards from the way it is designed
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

What are you getting for a blink sequence on the control board?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The blink sequence indicates an error code 31. FYI I have checked for blockage and checked the door switch, thermostat and the condensate trap.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model of the furnace is 340mav04810ajka
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

The behavior you describe would be indicative of a 13 code (open limit circuit) not a 31 code (open draft pressure switch). Are you sure you have a 31 code (a 31 would be 3 short 1 long blink) short blinks are first digit

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NOt at this time
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure what that means. If you aren't at the furnace to check then get back to me when you're onsite. If you do indeed have a 13 code the first thing to check is the filter. A dirty filter can cause a 13 code. You can try a reset by turning off the power to unit. wait a minute then turn it back on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK im on site pulled the filter, checked the condensate trap, checked the door switch checked the line for blockage and checked the thermostate. It is a code 31 three short followed by one longer flash
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok, that's odd behavior for an open draft switch. Have you tried cycling the power off then back on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I turned off the power at the main breaker and waited 5 minutes and then tried it again.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

You could have a bad board or possibly more than 1 problem. Check the limit for continuity and try resetting the rollout switch(es).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When you say limit are you talking about the switch on the door or the pressure switch
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

No that's the blower door switch. The limit has 2 wires connected is inserted into the heat exchanger and is in the same circuit as the rollout. You'll only see the outside of the switch with the 2 leads connected

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any more questions?