Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a turbo air mini split a/c-heater model #TAS-24VHO.

Customer Question

i have a turbo air mini split a/c-heater model #TAS-24VHO. the capacitor went bad and a tech replaced it, it worked for 3 days and quit again so the compressor wont kick on. The unit is 14 mo. old. The tech won't come back out. Ive called several repair companies and no one returns my call, what can I check myself?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Tell me a lot about your technical skill sets and what electrical test instruments you have and I can coach you most effectively. I need to know if the tech left the old capacitor behind or not, and what the microfarad (uf)number on both the old and new capacitors is.

I will also need a clear, close up, well focused photo of the wiring diagram glued to the electrical controls box inside the unit, you can use the paper clip icon on the right end of the tool bar above to attach it here.

We can go from there