Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Burnham has boiler 203ncl-tei2 won't fire up although pilot

Customer Question

Burnham has boiler 203ncl-tei2 won't fire up although pilot lit. No longer have the green light on the 'low water cut off. Any suggestions?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello.

Make sure the vent damper is fully open. Next take a clear, well lit and well focused close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the boiler service cover and post it here using the paper clip icon at the right end of the tool bar above your dialog box.

Tell me a lot about your technical skills background and if you have a multi meter or not, we can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have a multi meter. I worked as an electrical apprentice for almost 2yrs.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

http://screencast.com/t/haBjFFGjzf

tell me what you can discover, we can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what to do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vent damper appears to be in closed position
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

If the vent damper is closed the boiler will not fire, check for voltage to the vent damper motor, it you have voltage and the damper does not open, then the damper motor is bad.

If you have no voltage to the damper motor then the we need to follow the wires back from the damper motor to see what switch is open as shown on the diagram I marked up.

If the damper motor is indeed open, you will have to check that physically, then there are two additional wires running to an end switch in the damper motor that close when the damper is open... the boiler will not fire until that switch closes.

I see you have requested a phone call, I will send you an additional service offer, if you accept I will send you my email address and you can use that to send me your private phone number, do not post it to this dialog box, anything posted is not private and is accessible world wide.

Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

I will be up for another hour tonight, if I miss you I will be back in the morning and we can go from there. You do not have to accept the phone call offer, you can also just do the tests prescribed and we can continue in this dialog box at your original offer amount.