Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Trane XV90 The Pressure switch PO2 had a rip in the

Customer Question

I have a Trane XV90 The Pressure switch PO2 had a rip in the diafram it had a .94 WC. I replaced it with new smaller pressure switch, since they no longer make the old metal one. This also has the .94 WC. The heater went through normal run. Once it shut down, it will not cycle normal. The inducer kicks in, then the gas valve & then forced air. Should I replace the other metal pressure switch which has a 1.59 WC to a newer small pressure switch as well or what am I doing wrong.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, you are doing nothing wrong if the pressure switch that went bad was the original and rated at 0.94" wc. You do not want to use a pressure switch of a different pressure rating than the original.

Please clarify this sentence for me

"The inducer kicks in, then the gas valve & then forced air. " if the gas valve kicks in 15 to 30 seconds after the inducer fan starts, its normal operation.

We can go from there.