Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

I'm working on a ut electronic controller .model 1018-504

Customer Question

Hello I'm working on a ut electronic controller .model 1018-504
Flamstarts and then shuts off.is the controller bad.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. Thanks for your business!

Have you tried cleaning the flame sensor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Can I ask, how did you go about cleaning it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used mesh paper.on the hot survive igniter.is the flame sensor inside th is .I might be on a retro unit .first time I seen this furnace.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

No, you don't want to touch the HSI. The flame sensor will be a long steel rod type part inside by the burner. Shine up with steel wool, or emery cloth.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks I seen no rod or a place we're a wire would go to see flame .home owner wants to replace unit now .so thanks for the help. I'll use this service again
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, good luck! Thank you for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (Thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any additional questions.