BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have a vitodens 100 WB1 with weather compensation and it

Customer Question

Hi there. I have a vitodens 100 WB1 with weather compensation and it doesn't seem to be kicking into reduced temperature mode any more
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had a look at the error code history, it only revealed one error code and it isn't listed in the manual.I've attached a photo of what the display showed. The hot water and reduced temperature lights are flashing when this is displayed.The unit has a multitude of options that are set via some coding addresses that can be set via the control unit. I've gone though all the coding level 1 and level 2 addresses, they all appear to be set correctly as per the manual except for two addresses in coding level 1. Addresses 27 and 47 are both set to 0 rather then the factory default of 1 stated in the service manual. The service manual doesn't give any explanation of what the values in these addresses control other then to state that they shouldn't be changed, however it would seem they have.Given the age of this unit i'm wondering if a flipped bit in the memory storage has caused the value at these addresses to change and possibly they should be set back to the factory settings?
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

hello,

set both 27 and 47 to 0. This is a test but I fear the logic has been corrupted. Let us know result of the code reset

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi BillyThey are currently set to 0 but the manual says they should be 1. I'll set them to 1 later today and see what happens :)
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

understood...I wish you the best, ***** ***** the display happens like yours...it is generally a "confused" controller