HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

Here, goodman furnace fan runs continuous
, Gas furnace

Customer Question

Customer: Hey, gary here, goodman furnace fan runs continuous
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Gas furnace only, installed new control board last year after rodents chewed and shorted tstat wires which I assume shorted control board out, but worked great all last winter. Just turned on today, and blower fan runs continuous whether in auto or on position. took loose tstat wire at furnace and not shorted, even took them loose from control board and fan runs without them hooked up
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yea no problem
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Gary does the fan run non stop even with the unit off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
runs non stop when the tstat says system off, I can disconnect the low voltage wires off the control board and the fan continues to run.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

OK you may just have a high limit rollout thermostat open on the unit. Check all the rollout thermostats around the burner housing for continuity and some may have a push reset button on them. If any are open the fan will run as it detected an overheat condition. See what you find and let me know.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks