BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

THanks! I have been trying to locate Trane service manuals 5

Customer Question

Scott,
THanks! I have been trying to locate Trane service manuals for my 5 YCZ060F1M0BD ton roof mounted system. The intrerior fan stopped working and i have been swapping out control boards and the variable speed controller on the top of the motor. All did NOT fix problem. I just ordered the motor winding unit as the resistance between phase windings was. The ICM windings ohms are 3.8 Red -BLK , 4.3 BLK-BL, and 1.3 RED- BL . . The only board I have not replaced is the Main board (Not sure what part
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

can you first verify if this is the correct unit?

http://www.trane.com/commercial/uploads/pdf/1107/ycziom.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Billy,Yes this is my system. All I could find is this installation and startup pdf online.I have ordered the interior circulation fan motor and should get it in a few days.As I said , I have been using the Schematic inside the control panel door and doing a process of elmination to try to find the failed component. I first replace the motor "top" variable speed SCR and then the IDMC card, and then lastly the furnace control circuit card.Are the resistance readings I provided an indiation that the Windings are bad? I will try to replace the motor and see if that works. IF not, the only other things I have not replaced is the largest board in the middle of the control panel or the AC control on my wall ( it seems to be working okay...)What I dont have is a service manual that could walk me through diagnostics to pinpoint what is good or bad.THanks for you assistance!Dale
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

Ok this may seem strange to you but I need to ask....is the existing motor listed as being made in Germany?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Billy,I'm still on travel. Will be back home on Monday and will look.dale
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

just respond when you can and disregard computer generated prompts

Billy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
RGR. Thanks!
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

Opting out to release question for when you return.

Do not respond until ready

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Billy,Just got back yesterday. I recieved a new motor winding and took the old motor and fan assembly out today. The old motor was "made in the USA". The new one was "Hecho in Mexico". The new motor winding Ohms were 4.5 ohms across all leads. The old one was 4, 3 and 1 ohms. I had to remove the spacer that they sent me as the new motor had a diferrent way of attaching the upper bearing. All went back together and tomorrow morning I will install back into the unit. UNLESS there is something I should know before. Standing by....... Dale