How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phil Your Own Question
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Category: HVAC
Satisfied Customers: 7577
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409
Type Your HVAC Question Here...
Phil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Rheem Ecosense heat pump water heater, model #JPYA

Customer Question

I have a Rheem Ecosense heat pump water heater, model #JPYA A050J13. The unit does not heat water in heat pump or emergency heat mode. The lights in the panel come on but the fan and pump don't seem to cycle on.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello,

The problem in this case would be either a defective temperature sensor, or a bad printed circuit card most likely, 90% chance of that, and a 10% chance that the high limit safety switch has failed.

Tell me a lot about your technical background and capabilities so that I can coach you most appropriately.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Took to long to answer, have repaired water heater myself, request refund!

Related HVAC Questions