HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I think my pilot light is out.

Customer Question

I think my pilot light is out.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

The lighting instructions should taped on the backside of the panel you take off on the unit do you see it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is just a diagram like a schematic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No lighting instructions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Ok yes I was trying to find you some directions, do you see the red button and can you locate the pilot?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There us no red button just a black nob that looks like it will turn. Furnace installed in 1979 if that helps you.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

This should help.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A YouTube video??
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

It is a lot easier trying to show you with a video then explaining it in type format. If you wish I will explain it as well, but most people like to watch a video. This unit is extremely old so it is easier watching how to do it if you have not done it before.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You asked thar I let you know bf leaving a negative rating. I am going to do that. I will wait for a reply for a bit, but am not going to wait forever. Thank you.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

OK take care I am opting out before you leave me a negative thanks