airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

WELL, I got the ar30-1 and I was reading the problem that

Customer Question

Customer: WELL, I got the ar30-1 and I was reading the problem that was submitted. I've replaced the board and thermostat, but the blower and heat strips still come on with the therm set to off.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: last year it was making a buzzing noise but it worked find. last week I turned it on, the same buzz came on but it never shut off. the board was burned on the bottom so I replaced it. there is a relay that I think is bad also. I got a sequencer to replace it with, but i'm just not sure if it would work. I have goodmans at work, they are 1 heating element with a sequencer. mine is a 2 element with that relay
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: I think i'm already in the system
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the unit at work have the 3 wires red, black and purple. the red and black go to the board and the purple goes to the power supply. mine has the purple going to the transformer. I was think of rewiring mine to the one at work. should I do this
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

hello,

the strips and blower are brought on by the sequencer...if strips and blower stay on then the sequencer is welded shut. You have another sequencer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got a dbl pole sequencer but my system has a relay instead of a sequencer. i'm not sure about how to wire the sequencer from the relay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got the dbl pole sequencer because of the 2 heating elements
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i also went and got a relay, 9400 series but i don't think i was given the right one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello billy, you still there
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

the relay is commonly the ac, fan only relay...the sequenxer stages heat...do you have a diagram on door?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

this is the part shown as being the sequencer on your unit

Click Here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
billy, the fan relay is on the control board. my unit doesn't have a sequencer. that part is not in this system
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

That is shown as a part from the AR30 air handler. Maybe yours is older?

Can you post a pic of your diagram?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
lmao post a pic. your funny .. got a number i can text it to you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
mine is the ar30-1 airhandler
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Do you see a number on the HEAT KIt itself. LIKe HKR-10?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's the number
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

OK you should have sequencers like the ones below:

http://www.amazon.com/B1256552-Goodman-Aftermarket-Replacement-Sequencer/dp/B00FX6Q8U2

Can you send ne a pic of what yours has?

If you have a paper clip icon on your page you can attach using that link.Or

You can upload the pictures using the tiny pic site .

Here is a link to the site.

http://tinypic.com/

Click on Browse , select the file from your folder.then click UPLOAD NOW.

They will give you a quote to enter in the box to verify you are a human.Enter the quote and click UPLOAD NOW

You will see your picture on right side of screen.

Then copy the link URL for email & IM

Paste that link here on the site.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
mine doesn't have a sequencer. i did buy one like that. i'll try to uploard it the picture
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Standing by

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have to upload all my pictures on my phone. can i just text you the pic
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

You can, but the only way the site will allow us to work outside of the site is if you request additional service such as phone call or I can present offer to you. They want another 18 bucks to do that.Just let e know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, ill call you then
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

TRying to accept offer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this has been a day, i tell ya
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Sorry you are having problems with the site. I feel sure we could work through this if I could see what you have there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's so simple. transformer, control board ( have has the fan relay and the other half has the low voltage) and the relay which is has wires to the element, power supply and the transformer. it's a black square relay mounted to the element
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Yeah, that's why I say if I could see it ,I think it would be simple.My manual on the AR30-1 shows normal sequencers.

Basically here is all we have to do.

Hot leg from power into sequencer, leg out of sequencer to elements and fan relay.

Since I am unable to see and site is giving us issues, I will open to other experts who may know what you have.

I have opted out of the question to see if perhaps other experts may have more information and can assist.Please do not rate or reply as that will send question back to my desk.Please stand by to see if another expert can assist further.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, the relay has 8 numbers. 6,8,7,1 on the left and 2,4,3,0 on the right.
6, power supply
8&7, thermal limit and transformer
1, transformer
2, upper thermal limit
4, power supply
0, white and brown wires to the lowvoltage
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do i wire it to the dbl pole sequencer. it has the m1, m2, m3, m4 and the 2 plugs on the bottom on each side.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IS ANYONE ABLE TO HELP ME