HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I think I can guess answer, but here goes. Eco tech plus,

Customer Question

Hi, I think I can guess answer, but here goes. Valiant Eco tech plus, working fine, accidently turned off, now when back on keeps saying CON. had it a few times before and managed to get ti fixed without swapping PCB board, any ideas?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

CON means there is no communication between the PCB and display this may be due to the display being lose or a problem with either the PCB or display. On the PCB top left hand side there is a multi plug X20, on the bottom left hand corner of that plug is a soldered ring marked up as 5V, check whether there is 5v DC between 5V and earth if there is the PCB is OK the display is faulty, if there isn’t the PCB is faulty.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks