HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a Desa 'Reddy Heater' 60,000 BTU After being plugged

Customer Question

I have a Desa 'Reddy Heater' 60,000 BTU
After being plugged to 120 elec. it starts after a few seconds as it should (and always had!) BUT NOW it shuts down after running about 5 or 6 seconds.
My fuel is fresh kerosene...How do I trouble shoot this?
Carl - in Connecticut
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

There are a lot of things that can cause that issue, watch this video and check them all out and see. This can be just a simple cleaning or adjustment.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

I see this question is still open if there was nothing more I can do for you please just use the star rating system to rate my service 3 stars or higher thank you.