BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I live in a mobile home and my heat won't turn on. There was

Customer Question

I live in a mobile home and my heat won't turn on. There was a green flashy light blinking twice. which I seen on the panel ment combustion air valve closed. I replaced the pressure valve and it won't light. There is no flame in the window. When I turn the heat down the fan kicks on but when I turn it up past 65 the fan turns off and heat won't come on. Also there is a nother small green light and a small red light that flashs and has 2 switches by it when the switch is down the box makes a loud loud beeping noise when it is up the noise stops
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

hello my name is ***** ***** will be my pleasure to assist you. Can you verify the wire connections on the thermostat. what color are the wires going to the thermostat and what terminals are they connected to.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

yes the wall thermostat

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looks like it white green black red and yellow
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

try disconnecting one of the blue wires to the pressure switch and turn the heat up

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing it just kinda hums
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

okay turn the power off take the white wire off the limit switch and the one blue wire that goes to the circuit board and use an unbent paperclip bent in a " U " shape push the paper clip into each wire the blue and the white jumping the blue and white wires together.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does the limit switch look like
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

it is below the pressure switch with the red tag on it one wire goes from it to the pressure switch

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that what u mean?
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

yes... but I realize from the pick you will be jumping the orange to the blue not the blue that comes from the limit switch to the pressure witch the opposite one.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
only connect those 2. And don't disconnect anything form The pressure valve right
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

you can disconnect the wires that you are jumping together from the pressure switch and the limit switch, the blue and the orange.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok got them together now what
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

turn the power on and turn the heat up

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well it turned on but no flam in the window
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the one green light still flashing twice
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

ok disconnect the blue wire then restart the furnace after a few seconds of the motor running connect the blue wire to the orange

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing. Well I got to go to bed. I guess I'll just call a tech guy to come in on Friday thanks anyway
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

ok no problem.. have a good evening. if you need further assistance tomorrow I will be on in the evening after dinner.

Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

with the pressure switch disconnected and the error code still flashing 2 indicates that there is probably an issue with the circuit board.

Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

you said you heard a hum...is the exhaust motor starting when you turn for heat?....this is the motor that sends exhaust out the chimney..is it running or just setting humming?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's runn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It really runs and sounds like it wants to start air comes from the vent but it's not warm
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

see page 8 HERE

tell me what new code is if any when furnace is trying to start