Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I have a code that says my pressure switch is bad on my

Customer Question

I have a code that says my pressure switch is bad on my classic 90 plus natural gas heater. I took it off. what do I do to find a new one?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If you give me the actual model number of your unit (it should be on the rating tag inside the burner compartment) I might be able to find one for you online or you'll have to go to a local HVAC supply house that sells Rheem. But just because you get an open pressure switch code doesn't mean the switch is necessarily bad. You could have a blocked exhaust vent. It's pretty common fr insects to build a nest in the exhaust over the Summer.