HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

Lennox gas fireplace wont come on. Checked the thermostat

Customer Question

lennox gas fireplace wont come on. Checked the thermostat and connected the two wires still would not come on...pilot was running, but when I turned it off in an attempt to relight and get going the pilot would not come back...
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

So the pilot will not stay lit anymore? If not you may have a bad thermocouple for the unit. Have you tried to test it with a Millivolt meter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no i did not test with millivolt meter...the pilot was on, but I thought I would turn off and try to restart when I jumped the thermostat and the fp would not come on.Now the pilot won't even relite..should I get a new thermocouple?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Yes I would I think it is bad for sure!

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks