HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

My furnace come on and go off. The flame come on. Can you

Customer Question

Good evening, My furnace come on and go off. The flame come on. Can you help me please?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Give me a few more details:

1.What was reason for changing thermostat(In other words was he trying to fix by replacing thermostat or was it working,you just wanted a new thermostat)?

2.What is model on unit we are having problems with(SO I can see if I have a manual)

3.Can you tell me which wires he switched and why?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He thought that was the problem with the thermostat. he didn't switch the wires . He clean the plugs off
. It s a Jard furnace
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

OK thought you said he switched some wires in the beginning.Look on the furnace for a label and tell me what model Jard it is.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Do yu see a label on unit with model and do you have any pictures you can attach of the furnace and wiring?

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Just let me know if you still need help.

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Those pictures are blurry how long does the flame stay on for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For a couple of minutes
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

OK when it goes off does it try to restart by itself right away>

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband said that we had tho furnace for 15 years. He believe it time for a furnace. Do you know any used furance in Southfield Michigan?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Well used furnaces are really hard to come by as either they are junk or bad. Get a Goodman unit the furnace itself is pretty cheap you can get one for $1000-1200 for the unit plus an install. I doubt you will find a good used furnace, now for the issue have him take out the flame sensor and clean it off the rod really good with some sandpaper and try it...that may do the trick for the time being.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks