Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I have a Jotul 3 Classic -Vent NG stove. We hadn't used the

Customer Question

I have a Jotul 3 Classic B-Vent NG stove. We hadn't used the stove since last winter, but we left the pilot on. Last night, I lit the stove, and after several minutes the stove and pilot went out. Lit pilot, lit fire, stove stayed on a couple minutes, fire and pilot went out, same thing a third time.
We assumed it may be a faulty limit switch.
Went to relight the pilot this morning, and pilot will not light. Not with the piezo spark, or with lighter.
Pilot assembly and valve were both replaced last year.
Any ideas on where to start?
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bypassed the limit switch. Same issue.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.
First disconnect the pilot tubing at the gas valve and see if you have gas there when you depress the dial/button to light this. If you do have gas there then pull the pilot orifice out and clean it. Also blow out pilot tubing while orifice is out of the pilot burner.