airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I need to install a brand new line set between an A coil and

Customer Question

I need to install a brand new line set between an A coil and a condeser. I have the proper license, just been away from the trade for some. I doing this for my son who is building a new house.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

I will be happy to assist with whatever guidance you need.What questions do you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a brand new split system in the attic. In brand new construction. I want to run the line set inside the studs down to the condensing coil. As I said previously I've been away from doing this for sometime time and need to know which pitfalls to watch out for.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also a refresher on the line set hook ups.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

If you are going to run in wall, I would insulate both lines to prevent possibility of condensation issues. I would also attach a sheet of thin metal from stud to stud where they will run.This will prevent sheetrockers from hitting the copper lines.

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

What is model on indoor coil and outdoor unit? Are they "sweat" fittings that will need to be brazed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I would like to talk only later, I am at wotk now. What's a good tome to call?
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

You can come to site anytime you want.I am in and out.