Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have on my totaline model P475-1050 (no batteries)

Customer Question

I have on my totaline model P475-1050 (no batteries) thermostat temp control unit a back plate labeling. The wires
R
G
Y1
W2
BOW1
Y2
C
In that order left to right.
I have the following wires
Red
Yellow
White
Green
Blue
Brown
Orange
Which wires go wear?
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which wires go where?
Air con is not working and it's hotter than hell in here
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, its late I have been up for over 18 hours and am going to bed shortly.

Assuming that the system was wired using the commonly accepted standards, you can connect Red wire to R, Green wire to G, and Yellow wire to Y, and white wire to W.... that leaves us one mystery wire, that would be the one we connect to C

We identify that C wire using a volt meter, and put one test probe on Red wire, then try other probe on any of the remaining wires that have not been connected yet... the wire that reads 24 volts is the one we connect to C.

Assuming there are no defects in the system, and that the wiring in the furnace/air handler is correct, and that your thermostat is OK.... you AC should run.

I will wait up for another 20 minutes tonight to see how it goes for you.... please do not forget to rate my work positively if it runs, lacking that a lot more trouble shooting will be required and we can do that after I get 6 hours sleep tonight.