HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have an issue with my furnace

Customer Question

Hello. I have an issue with my furnace
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I read a lot about code 33 and came to the conclusion is the high limit switch. For what I understand, there are four of these switches in my furnace. I tested all four for continuity and they seem to be fine. What could be causing the problem? Small fan starts, blower start to run, igniter goes on but no gas shoots out
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Since you have checked all of the limits and the fan is running that would mean the board on the unit has failed. That is very common on that unit. I would physically bypass the limits to double check them as sometimes they check out good on a meter and are bad.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks