Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I have an older furnace and I installed a new digital

Customer Question

I have an older furnace and I installed a new digital thermostat this summer. It's a Lux tx9600. I tried turning on the heat today and the unit kicks on but it won't flame up or kick the fan on. I'm convinced it has something to do with the thermostat but I can't figure out what.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.
All the thermostat does is call in the furnace. If the furnace responds it's not a problem with the furnace. If you want to troubleshoot the furnace I need the furnace model and I need to know what happens when the furnace comes on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The furnace is an ICP model GUI125A020IN. When I turn it on the unit comes on but it never flames on. I just had a cleaning service done on it a few days ago and it seemed fine then. This is the first time I have actually powered it on.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Do you mean the draft fan starts? but it never fires up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't flame up and I guess because of that the fan doesn't come on carrying air to the vents
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

That's not how it works. The draft fan has to establish adequate draft. Once it does the draft switch has to close proving adequate draft then the igniter initializes and then the burners fire up. Once the burners fire up only then does the blower come on

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would it have anything to do with having it serviced earlier this week and or what could it be?
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I would expect it to run great after being serviced. I'd suggest you call the service company back and have them check this out. This shouldn't happen right after being serviced.