Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

When I set my thermostat the temperature reading in the

Customer Question

when I set my thermostat the temperature reading in the house is higher than what I set the temperature to. the temperature in the house reads 76 but the thermostat setting reads 71.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. Thanks for your business!

Has this always happened with this thermostat or is this something more recent?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No this has never happened before.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not received an answer.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, thought you were offline. This can be caused by a defective thermostat in most cases. Another thing that can influence this is if the thermostat is too close to a supply register.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

In this manual, on page 4, make sure you have your fast or slow heating cycle rate set up for forced air and not hydronic.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Also, if you note in this manual, in the troubleshooting tips, if the thermostat setting and thermometer disagree, you can move it plus or minus 4 degrees by going to the configuration menu.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

You could try that before actually replacing the thermostat.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have trouble accessing the link (above) or need any help with this. Thanks!

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Did you have additional questions on this?