airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

How can I fix exhaust fan noise of a rinnai direct vent wall

Customer Question

Hi, how can I fix exhaust fan noise of a rinnai direct vent wall furnace (RHFE-263FA II)?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Likely the issue is that the condensation drain is restricted. There should be a clear tube that is connected to the base of the vent on top of the water heater and coiled up next to it. Remove that tube and clear it and that will fix the issue if the condensation backing up has not damaged the fan. If it has burned the fan out then the fan will need to be replaced but that is less likely.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike, thank you for your answer. I am afraid this is not the solution to my question since I was asking about a direct vent wall furnace, not a water heater. Can you help me further with the original question?
Best, Nicolas

Oh no. I am so sorry. I see Rinnai and automatically think about the water heater. I will opt out and open to other experts.

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.