Ask Stan's Repair Service Your Own Q...
Stan's Repair Service
Stan's Repair Service, Fireplace Expert
Experience:  27 years in the home heating business
3674

Breckwell Model P28FS S/N WH97-1571 1. When starting the

Customer Question

Breckwell Model P28FS S/N WH97-1571
1. When starting the stove or after it is running (and a new feed rate is manually dialed in TO RAISE OR LOWER THE STOVE OUTPUT);
the automatic feed rate does not reliably feed pellets to the burn box.
It seems to keep feeding a a constant rate resulting in burn box resulting in pellet overflow or starving out the burn box.
2. Also the hopper also gets very warm when the stove is on the higher settings, during colder weather.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Stan's Repair Service replied 1 year ago.

I see this all the time.

The fuel /air mixture is off due to lack of combustion air.

You need to clean the burn pot and all the holes, take off the side and rear panels of the firebox and also clean.

The exhaust pipe needs to be disconnected from the exhaust manifold and cleaned.

This should do it. remember to adjust the side air damper at whatever heat output setting your running at so that the tops of the flame are burning clean with no carbon.

If the problem is still happening after all this it may be a combustion fan failure.

Thanks

Stan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we don't think this is the answer, So We are having a repair man come this Wednesday, but we (as owners) won't be back in town until 10/20/2013 and we will give you his diagnosis and give the rating.