Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My Amana furnace won't ignite, fan goes on igniter turns red

Customer Question

My Amana furnace won't ignite , fan goes on igniter turns red but seems like no propane will ignite
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, sometimes the glow plug type igniters do not get hot enough to light the flame, a good igniter glows nearly white hot... a dull red is not hot enough in most but not all cases.

Before we condemn the igniter we should check the voltage to the gas valve. If you can send me a photo of the gas valve that shows the wire connections to it, and a photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the furnace blower section, well focused, well lit and close up... I will mark it up with trouble shooting directions.

Use the paper clip icon at the right end of the tool bar above, or the +attach files to the left of your send buttons to get those photo's to me.

We can go from there.