Heath.M
Heath.M, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have more that 20 years HVAC experience. I have worked on many different brands of Heating, air conditioning and water heaters.
72579594

I have replaced the batteries in my lux thermostat and am

Customer Question

I have replaced the batteries in my lux thermostat and am still get a Lo batt flashing signal..
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** will be my pleasure to assist you. Take the batteries out and leave them out for a few minutes until the display has gone completely blank. Once it has gone completely blank put the batteries back in and see if the lo batt light has gone away.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I'll give that a try...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope still flashing Lo batt
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have 3 thermostats that are having this issue...
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

check and make sure the terminals inside the thermostat haven't got any corrosion on them from acid leakage

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I left the batteries out of each of the three thermostats and was finally able to get them to work properly - what a pain! We've only had them for a year maybe year and a half. I didn't realize they were battery operated or I would've purchased something different. But we were replacing old school thermostats with mercury in them......thanks for your help!
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome!