Heath.M
Heath.M, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have more that 20 years HVAC experience. I have worked on many different brands of Heating, air conditioning and water heaters.
72579594

I have a trane ,iam getting constant flashing leds. it says

Customer Question

i have a trane ,iam getting constant flashing leds. it says low flame sense signal
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** will be my pleasure to assist you. First turn the power off to the furnace then Take the top door off the furnace and locate the flame sensor. It is held in by a single screw with one wire going to it. Take it out and use a piece of emery cloth or fine grit sand paper to clean the metal portion. Then put it back in and restore the power to the furnace.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tryed that before didnt work
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

constant flashing is normal operation usually. do the burners ignite that you can tell.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fan goes on for a short time, no light, no flame. It's says on cover that rapid LED blinking means "low flame sense signal"
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

Yes you will get this error code until the burners ignite if the burners do not then you gt no flame signal.

Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

8 flashes would be flame signal lost. constant steady flash is normal operation according to my manual

Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

it sounds like you have an ignition problem possibly a bad igniter. You may need to replace the igniter. If you do not see the igniter glow then it is probably bad. If you have a multi meter and set the meter to ohms and ohm u the igniter wires after disconnecting them from the furnace plug. If you get open then the igniter is no good.