gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

I have a Trane xr95 that is not heating. It has a red

Customer Question

I have a Trane xr95 that is not heating. It has a red blinking light. The pattern is 3 red flashes, pause, 3 red flashes, repeats. Any ideas?
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The unit click and then hums periodically. It sound like it is trying to come on and start hearing. Then it clicks off. Turned unit on for the first time this season. Heat worked in the morning and was not working when I got home.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also cycled power on the unit. No change in unit behavior.
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 1 year ago.

That is pressure switch. Pressure switch is located in burner compartment. It has a plastic hose going to it. Usually round. Take off hoses and make sure they are clear. Take a paper clip and clean small fitting on pressure switch. Reattach hose and gently blow in and out and see if you can here pressure switch click. Retry furnace and see if it fires. Sequence of operation small induce fan starts for about 10 to 15 seconds. Ignitor glows. Then furnace fires and runs. Do these procedures and let me know. Russ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Remove tube. Cleaned switch side tube. Did the blow and suck test on switch. I did hear the switch click on and off. The unit hums for 60 seconds and then clicks off. The inducer motor is very warm to the touch.

Your have a bad inducer motor. When you replace it . It is best to replace the whole assembly. Give me model number and I will get a source and price for you. Russ