HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

Replaced my thermostat and have nothing from my Trane XV95.

Customer Question

Replaced my thermostat and have nothing from my Trane XV95. Checked the fuse on the circuit board and it is fine.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here, I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get you an accurate diagnosis.

Do you have a volt meter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a volt meter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a second fuse on this furnace?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

If the Green or RED indicator LED is not on flashing or doing anything on the board you may have a power issue to the unit itself, can you see if anything is on or flashing on the board?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing is on or flashing
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

OK yes then you need to check your incoming power to the unit, either you have lost your 115 volts to the unit or the transformer maybe bad. Check that and let me know. ALso physically install new new fuse on the board just in case.