gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

Does my rheem classic heat pump have a filter on the model?

Customer Question

does my rheem classic heat pump have a filter on the model? I couldn't see it . i tuned me heat on and it made the smoke alarm go off. I dont see any smoke in the crawl space and my filters are clean upstairs.i 2 have filter areas inside my house where i change the filter.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the model # ***** ***** 1M3617JH
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just wondering if there is a filter on the model because i never knew to change it . It is in a crawl space 7 hrd to even see if there is a space for a filter.
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 1 year ago.

Should have a filter in return air grille. It may have set off smoke alarm because of the electric heat coming on without pump. It sometimes happens the first time you fire up heat. If no filter in unit you should have one in return air grille. It will be in wall close to floor or possibly in floor. Russ