BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have 3 mini splits wall mounted units (two lg

Customer Question

i have 3 mini splits wall mounted units (two lg model:lmn127hvt, and one lmn097hvt) . one of the units is iced up badly and part of the copper line is iced up bad that goes to that unit. shut the unit down but continued to use the other 2 units. ice has been there for 2 months. im assuming it has something to do the the other 2 units pushing the Freon and gas back and forth. this has started in 85 degree weather in Maryland. unit is in cooling mode. now its sept need corrective action before I switch them to heating mode.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

hello,

does it still ice if the other zones are not being used?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was able to figure it out through lg tech support. ..the #3 wire on 2 of the Unitsmall were crossed at the outside unit. Basically it was reading the temp from another room and trying to compensate for that. . Thanks
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

well done....I am glad all is well

Have a nice weekend

Billy