Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

Thermostat T81212C1023 (1) 0438 PF28 product id above test

Customer Question

thermostat T81212C1023 (1)
0438 PF28
product id above
test for proper furnace operation , getting ready for heating season on Thursday 9/24/15
gone over weekend w/return Mon 9/28/15
attempt to get furnace to fire up failed with blank thermostat screen; installed / tested 2 new batteries which tested good
found and read the user guide which recommends reversing batteries and setting cool / heat / off switch to off; waited two minutes; replaced batteries in proper position
display does not respond i.e. still blank
OTHER
Upon removal of thermostat unit from wall, the red cable is not attached to anything on back of thermostat body
suspect it needs to be reattached, but unclear about which connection post to attach it to. there are 5 posts, each of which appear to be tight Row 1 has 3 attach points, row two has 2 attach points
Your counsel please
Phil Roe(###) ###-####
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.

The red wire is usually attached to RC-RH

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Are you online?