Richard, Technical Manager
Experience:  27 years of Experience, NATE Certified, professional trainer
29828770

I have a goodman gmv90905cxa circulation blower quit and is

Customer Question

I have a goodman gmv90905cxa circulation blower quit and is flashing 1 on status light diagram states 1 is lockout
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** me see if I can help you here. After reading your question it looks like you replaced the indoor blower motor then had this lock out problem? correct? A lock out of this type usually means it failed an ignition 3 times. So, this is most likely a hot surface ignition unit, so lets turn power off and then back on. Turn thermostat to heat , shortly after the igniter should glow and light the gas? do we make it that far? if so, lets move onto next step after about 20 seconds the blower motor should run. Let me know how far it goes, also double check your wire connections to the motor . I will await your reply thank you Richard

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not have furnace running when I got the fault also what caused motor to fail was a leak in the evap tray
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok a 1 flash code should reset the unit if high voltage power is cycled or ( turned off and on) if this does not resolve the issue I have two suggestions. First is double check your connections you made from the new motor to the board. Next ( as long as lights are on you have high and low voltage power) so you may need a new board or ( IFC). If your evap. tray was leaking and water damaged the board you or the issue rather may have caused more damage.