gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

I am trying to replace my Trane thermostat with a Nest and

Customer Question

I am trying to replace my Trane thermostat with a Nest and the wires don't match up because I have a heat pump and some different wires. Can you help?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Yes what wires are you having issue with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wires do not match up with the wires in the Nest installation guide and I don't know where to connect them on the new thermostat.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The issue is difficult to explain thru typing. When would someone be able to call?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an O and a B wire the nest asks for an OB wire, which I do not have. It calls for a C wire which I do not have. It also talks about a W1 and/or a W2 wire which I also do not have. Some of the colors match up to. Ones on the message boards, but others do not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is someone working on my question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to cancel my request. I was hoping to take care of this this evening. If it is going to drag on for up to 24 hours, I will contact a technician to come to my house. What do I need to do so my credit card is not charged?
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 1 year ago.

I am online if you still need help. The C wire is a common wire from AC or furnace that powers the thermostat. B wire on your Trane goes to C. The O wire goes to O/B. When you set up thermostat it will as for O or B. Click O. Russ