HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a Goodman DSXC180361 and the condenser just stopped

Customer Question

I have a Goodman DSXC180361 and the condenser just stopped working. I see 1 red flashing LED followed by 4 flashing amber LEDs
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I fix this?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

This is a locked rotor code, this is not a good code either the compressor is locked or something is wrong with the start device. Can you try to turn the power off to the unit for a minute and turn it back on. See if the compressor even tries to start and how does it sound?

We are on the honor system for our work, so please use the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can hear the relay click but that's it. There is no sound from the compressor.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Ok you would need to check if the compressor is getting power with a volt meter can you do that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I have already figured it out on my own.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Can I ask what you found out just for my reference?