HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a heil gas furnace and heat will not ignite. The air

Customer Question

I have a heil gas furnace and heat will not ignite. The air conditioner works--and the blower motor which I just replaced is fine--just heater.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In heat mode it does not ignite--if I put the blower on in heat mode the blower runs but nothing in auto mode. Could I have mis wired the thermostat to the motor? The air works fine in auto
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Lets do this. Go to furnace and look inside burner area and get me complete model so I know what we are working with.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NUGM100EHA1 dc90 heil
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Trying t locate a manual on furnace. Is there an led light on board in furnace and if so is it flashing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no light board is on this furnace--
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Looks like probably an older furnace ,probably why I don't find a manual. Can you upload a pic of furnace? Disconnect R and W from thermostat and touch them together to see if furnace will come on.If it doesn't we know issue is in furnace.If it does, we know issue is with thermostat

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here are some pics of what im up against
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not sure which red and white u may mean
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

I am referring to the red and white from thermostat. I am about to leave office for the day, so I am going to open to other experts who may work with you.I will check in tomorrow to see if you got problem figured out.

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

I am a different tech are you here?

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

If there was nothing more I could do for you please rate my service 3 stars or higher using the STAR RATING on your page thanks!