Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I have a beckett burner that makes a gh pitched whine after

Customer Question

I have a beckett burner that makes a high pitched whine after running a few minutes. if I open the bleeder valve on the oil pump the noise stops. also have had to clean my heat exchanger twice within two weeks due to soot buildup so bad I have puff back and system goes into reset
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial answer doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.

The noise could be due to a bad fuel pump or possibly a badly clogged pump screen. Your burner is obviously way out of adjustment and the only way to properly adjust it is with very expensive test equipment. At the very least you need to adjust the air mix while doing a smoke spot test. You really should have a pro check this out and set it up properly. Once it's properly adjusted it usually doesn't need to be adjusted again.