Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

I have a indoo9r ac Unit: rbhpjsh2. I have been using a

Customer Question

I have a indoo9r ac Unit: rbhpjsh2. I have been using a regular Hardware filter 20 x20 x1.
It does NOT in the air filter slot. You have to use a screw driver to open up to replace. Non of service maintenance man told me that I I HAVE to use one of the Rheims's filter. # ***** Everyone I know uses the regular hardware store filters. I need to be able to get the Hardware store filter in and out. I am UNABLE to due without opening the compartment. The filter gets bent and you have maneuver it and twist it. The reason this issue came up is that our Condo is having major construction and the filter needs to be changed monthly. I never changed it before because the service man changed it on his twice a year check up. I also have bad Rheumatoid arthritis and I can not get the filter in or out. I would like to be able to use a regular hardware filter. He said he can do that without rebuilding the unit. I find this unacceptable. Do you have a solution? I can a picture of my unit.
Thank You
Nancy
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. Thanks for your business!

Yes, Nancy, a picture would help. However, I agree with you, there should be no reason I see of that you cannot use a standard store bought filter.