Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.
1) Is the A/C unit plugged into a dedicated wall mount receptacle circuit or is the circuit shared with other connected loads?
2) If a cord & plug connected A/C unit, did you measure for voltage at the circuit breaker and at the wall receptacle?
3) What were the voltage measurements from Hot to Neutral, Hot to Ground and from Neutral to Ground at the receptacle?
Thanks for the replies.
1) I've never heard of an exterior condenser that has 120 volts, they are always 240 volts.
2) Did you measure for voltage at the exterior disco switch?
3) What is the model number or provide me with the nameplate rating of the A/C unit?
4) How many amps is the circuit breaker that controls the A/C unit?
OK, thanks for the reply.
I will opt out of the question and send it over to one of our HVAC experts and they can better assist you.
No need to reply back to me, as you will be notified once an HVAC expert picks up your question.
Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be glad to assist you. I suggest checking the access panel you removed to change the filter. There is usually a cover switch the tells the unit it is sealed.
Push and hold it for a test. The cover should depress it and hold it.
OK, that's as far as I go. You have other issues that the HVAC expert can assist with. Good luck.
Hello, this is Billy.
Are you at your wits end yet?
Ready to try a couple more items?
excellent...that was the first place we were going...
I am very glad you have it going....call it a weekend :)