BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

On my Amana furnace, the blower continues to run, even after

Customer Question

On my Amana furnace, the blower continues to run, even after it's turned off at the tstat. I literally have to turn the power off completely. I changed the tstat 6 months ago. I looked at the furnace itself and noticed an orange wire coming from the blower
motor, not attached to anything. Could this be the issue as to why it wont shut off using the tstat...? Here's the furnace model nmbr as well as the number from the circuit board: F: GUIC090FA30 B: 102077-20
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

this a fairly common issue as the control (ignition module) starts to age. Is yours a White Rodgers?

Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

If original you have a white rodgers control. The blower relay inside the control has seized closed.

The replacement is shown at link below...just for an example...

GUIC Control

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, its definitely a white Rogers. It looks nothing like the one you sent in the link.
Is this the one the others are being replaced with..?
Also, is it your recommendation to replacethe board itself..?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

What you will do is google the model number on your control. It likely has been upgraded to a new control. If you need help with that let me know.

Billy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've since then, purchased the circuit board. But, my original question was, where does this orange wire from the blower motor attach to....? Or does it attach to anything..?
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

the orange is an extra speed not being used. It can be taped off and left alone. If you wanted to switch speeds for example...you would remove red and replace with orange and tape off red

Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

Ok?

Billy