Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

I have condensation on my evaporator coil in the attic. My

Customer Question

I have condensation on my evaporator coil in the attic. My ac guy said that it is caused by faulty duct work and it needs to be replaced to stop the condensation. I need to know if I need to spend close to 2 thousand dollars on new duct work to correct this problem.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.

Is the ductwork rusted out?

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

If the ductwork is not actually rusted out, there is no need to replace it. Ductwork that is not insulated is going to form condensation on it in a hot attic. But insulating it alone, should only cost several hundred dollars vs replacement.