Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

Rick, I have a fireplace valve 7000MVRLC-LP. I have had the

Customer Question

Rick, I have a fireplace valve 7000MVRLC-LP. I have had the valve turned off for the summer. When I light the Pilot, by holding down the pilot valve, the pilot lights. I hold for a minute and when I let go, the pilot goes out before I can turn the valve to full on.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.

If the pilot flame looks good and strong, chances are you need to replace the thermocouple or thermopile, whatever the case may be.