BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have a 12ACB48-1P Lennox Condenser. Can I replace it with

Customer Question

I have a 12ACB48-1P Lennox Condenser. Can I replace it with a 13HPD-048-230-01 IH Lennox Condener?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Yes that would work perfect!

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

You can do this but you will need to wire it differently since the one is a heat pump. Instead of just Y and C you will need to combine O and Y at the outdoor unit. This will enable the cooling to work by activating the reverse valve and the compressor.

Billy