HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a lennox H26-024-5p Cental Unit. My capacitor was I

Customer Question

I have a lennox H26-024-5p Cental Unit. My capacitor was blown I replaced it and the Contactor. Now when I initially turn thermostat to cool. Everything will come on outside condenser outside fan and it will start to cool after about 5 minutes outside unit will power down and stop. The inside blower will continue to run but no cool air outside unit will not comeback on either. Help
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Are you losing power to the contactor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have 240 on top bottom and 24 each side
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

OK is the contactor pulled in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When it initial starts yes then when it runs cooling for the five minutes and shuts off it pops back out
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Ok so something is cutting it out, do you see the wiring diagram on the unit? If so can you upload a picture of it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is the wiring diagram
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been charged and my question has not been answered yet. Please respond.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

It just takes a few minutes to get an upload, it just came through give me just a few minutes thanks

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

OK I see the issue. Either the unit is tripping off on the low or high pressure cut out. More than likely it is thew low pressure cut out meaning the unit would be low on freon. You need a set of gauges on the unit to see which one for sure...sorry for the delay

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks