HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

The blow motor and run cap. out on furnace. Repairman

Customer Question

The blow motor and run cap. burnt out on furnace. Repairman replaced both and the motor ran. He left but the fan WILL NOT shut off . I must actually throw the switch to stop it. Now when I try to run the furnace and NOT the AC the furnace is absolutely dead but the AC runs even when thermostat is set on furnace.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Ok you may have two different issues or possibly one. Can you get to the ignition board in the unit?