BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I just replaced my old r22 heat pump system with a goodman

Customer Question

i just replaced my old r22 heat pump system with a goodman 15 seer 3.5 ton me and my son did it we are pretty handy it apperars the upstairs thermostat works fine but the first floor works backwards when i put on heat the ac comes on. it has the orignial ultra zone control panel.
not sure if thats a issue
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry about your question being on the board this long. I logged on today and found you had not been helped yet.

The first thing to check is the O/B terminal..this controls whether it heats or cools...and also check the menu set up in thermostat to make sure it was programmed for heat pump