Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a nordyne m1m furnace wont light replaced circute

Customer Question

i have a nordyne m1m furnace wont light replaced circute board and gas valve still wont light and i have no blinking lights where do i go from here
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

hello,

Do you have any light lit at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the red power light is on and the yellow light comes on for a second also the the ignighter is glowing hot
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

and when it fails....the light stays solid and never reverts to a blink pattern?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

thank you.

one of the items that can turn off the circuit or halt it or is a 24v input to board dropping...which leaves no code.

do you mind twisting two wires together for me at thermostat?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if you can tell me in detail what wires and the color of wires and where located
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

we will take red wire from R and white wire from W

Twist those 2 together and then we will get started..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok they are connected
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

with power on to furnace...is the unit trying to start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the ignighter glows then there is a click like its trying but wont light
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

thank you.

And not to sound silly....so forgive me but I must ask...and we have proven gas is at the furnace and available?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have gas to all other water hearter and stove would it be possible to call you
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

I apologize as I am not currently configured for phone call but I can send to a peer who is. Just a moment.

Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

If you can take a very well focused, well lit, photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace blower compartment... take the photo up close and from straight on, I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the paper clip icon at the right end of the tool bar to attach the photo,

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
don't know how to do that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
phone no(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can send pic by phone or email
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, to send a picture take it with your phone, then load it into your computer, then click the paper clip icon at the right end of your reply dialog box... and attach the file the picture is in.

If you are an old timer like me, you might have to enlist the help of a teenager, they know all about these things.

In case you want to pay for the extra charge a phone call requires I will send you that link and you can accept it. I am not able to follow up with a phone call otherwise.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry I am done for the day thanks any ways
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome, I am here every day 7 am to 10 pm. as soon as get the picture I can continue with you... there is no time limit on my end.

.