HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

My thermostat has gone blank. I took the covers off and was

Customer Question

My thermostat has gone blank. I took the covers off and was going to troubleshoot based off some of the other posted questions.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

If the thermostat has gone completely blank you likely lost your 24 volt supply to the thermostat. Check to see if you have a C connection at the back of the thermostat wiring...if so go to the furnace or airhandler. Remove the panels on the unit to get to the control board. There you should find a 3amp slot fuse on the board. Check the fuse to see if it is blown. That will cause this issue and will look something like this...CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks