HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I'm changing my totaline thermostat, the old wireing is as,

Customer Question

i'm changing my totaline thermostat, the old wireing is as, white was mark C, orange was mark BOW1, Yellow Y, Green G, R red. Now I bought a Honeywell-labels are as, B O G Y W Noy used R RC< R AND RC has metal jumper in it. Don" know were to put the orange and red wire on new thermostat.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Ok your new one sounds like it is battery powered as you have no C connection. The ORANGE indication was for the heat function on the Heat pump, that should go to the O terminal...Red goes to the R terminal and leave the jumper to RC..that should be it...also make sure you have the correct setup chosen for your type of system in the installer menu.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks